Board of directors
Mr. Waqar Ahmed Malik
Chairman and Managing Director
Mr. Waqar Ahmed Malik joined Fauji Foundation as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer on 9th April 2020. Mr. Malik is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and is also an alumnus of the Harvard Business School and INSEAD.
Earlier, his career with The ICI Plc Group based in the UK spanned over 27 years and then later with Akzo Nobel N.V. based in The Netherlands. For around 10 years, he served as the Chief Executive Officer of ICI Pakistan Limited and also the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Lotte Pakistan Limited (formerly Pakistan PTA Limited). During his career with ICI and AkzoNobel, he worked in Europe and Americas in Corporate Finance and Strategy Departments.
Presently, he is serving as Chairman on the Boards of following Fauji Group Companies:
- Mari Petroleum Company Limited
- Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited
- FFC Energy Limited
- Fauji Fresh n Freeze Limited
- Fauji Cement Company Limited
- Askari Cement Limited
- Askari Bank Limited
- Fauji Akbar Portia Marine Terminal Limited
- Fauji Trans Terminal Limited
- Fauji Oil Terminal and Distribution Company Limited
- Fauji Infraavest Foods Limited
- Foundation Wind Energy-I & II Limited
- Foundation Power Company Dahrki Limited
- Fauji Kabir Wala Power Company Limited
- Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Limited
- FFBL Power Company Limited
- Foundation Solar Energy (Private) Limited
- Daharki Power Holdings Limited
He is also Chairman of Pakistan Oxygen Limited (formally Linde Pakistan, a subsidiary of Linde AG) acquired by Adira Capital Holdings (Private) that he co-founded.
Earlier, Mr. Malik also served on the following boards:
- PPL – Chairman (Non-Executive & Independent)
- Engro Corporation Limited – Director (Non-Executive & Independent)
- Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan Limited – Director (Non-Executive & Independent)
- Engro Polymer and Chemicals Limited – Director (Non-Executive & Independent)
- TPL Insurance Limited – Director (Non-Executive)
He has been playing an instrumental role in development of Pakistan’s Regulatory System as well as for the advocacy to undertake economic reforms. Few of his other engagements have been:
- Director – State Bank of Pakistan
- President – Overseas Chamber of Commerce & Industry (OICCI)
- President – Management Association of Pakistan (MAP)
- Director – Pakistan Business Council (PBC)
Mr. Malik was a member of the visiting faculty of Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance, Former Member of Board of Governors of Lahore University of Management Science (LUMS) and Former Member of Board of Indus Valley School of Arts. He participates actively in social and philanthropic activities through I–Care Foundation, as a Trustee, he contributes to improve the quality of life of underprivileged by enhancing the level of philanthropic support. A trustee of Duke of Edinburgh Trust Pakistan, he was awarded Prince of Wales Medal as a Trustee of the Prince of Wales Pakistan Recovery for the Flood Victims in 2010.
Mr. Waqar Ahmed Malik
Mr. Waqar Ahmed Malik joined Fauji Foundation as Managing
Dr. Nadeem Inayat
Dr. Nadeem Inayat holds a Doctorate in Economics and has over 38 years
Major General Muhammad Ihsanullah, HI (M) (Retd)
Syed Bakhtiyar Kazmi
Mr. Syed Bakhtiyar Kazmi is a fellow chartered accountant with over 35 years of
Mr. Brian Chang
Mr. Brian Chang being a graduate from City University, London, UK as an electrical engineer in 1965 started his career
Mr. Malcolm Chang
Mr. Syed Nadir Shah
Mr. Masood Karim Sheikh
Masood Karim Shaikh is a Chartered Accountant (FCA) with over 30 years of
Mr. Adnan Samdani
Mr. Adnan Samdani joined FOTCO in January 2022. He has over 25 years’ experience in Financial Management, Strategy, Planning & Business Development and Operations.
Brig. Noor Ul Hassan
Brigadier Noor Ul Hassan Sitare-e-Imtiaz (Military) (R) was commissioned in Armoured Corps in 1987. He is a graduate from Command and Staff College Quetta, National
Mr. Muhammad Salik
Muhammad Salik is an accomplished professional having over twenty (20) years of experience in accountancy, financial management, taxation, portfolio management,
Mr. Syed Shujahat Hussain
Mr. Syed Shujahat Hussain is affiliated with FOTCO since 1998 and currently heading the Operation
Mr. Naveed Uddin
Mr. Naveed Uddin BS (Hamdard University) and PGDIT (CQU Australia) is an experienced and result oriented Senior Technology Executive with more than 15 years of rich experience in Information Technology..
Mr. Tariq Jahangir Khan
Mr. Tariq Jahangir carries with him over 20 years of professional experience in human resource management, administration and security. He is affiliated with FOTCO since 1995..
Mr. Ammar Raza Zaidi
A graduate Engineer from UK with professional experience in Marine related projects, responsible for looking after the business aspects of the organisation. The objective is identifying...
Mr. Abdul Rauf Khan Ghauri
Mr. Ghauri carries with him over 27 years of professional experience in IT. He is managing information technology and computer systems, Plan,